Welcome to Howell Animal Hospital
Howell Animal Hospital strives to provide the highest quality preventative and therapeutic medicine for your canine, feline or equine companion.
New! Equine and Small Animal: Laser Therapy
- Herd Health Programs
- Vaccine Programs
- Nutritional Counseling
- Radiography / Ultrasonography
- Avid Microchips
- Lameness Exam
- Prepurchase Exam
- Emergency Medicine
- Laser Therapy
- Howell Animal Hospital welcomes a Class IV (the most powerful laser available) therapeutic laser! The therapeutic laser is licensed for all species. It can help decrease pain and inflammation associated with arthritis, ligament and tendon injuries, to improve wound healing both post surgical and traumatic, as well as sore backs. It is a good complement to Dr Lindamoods alternative therapies - accupuncture, chiropractic and herbal medicine. This treatment can be used in conjunction with medication or as a stand alone treatment option.
- Coggins Forms
- Attention Equine customers: We offer digital coggins thru Global Vetlink. Owners can download their results from the website www.myvetlink.com
- Enhanced radiographic capabilities
- We have enhanced our radiographic capabilities with the addition of digital radiography for both the small animal and equine patient. This allows for on the farm diagnosis, improved quality of films and the ability to take additional images if needed. Equine prepurchase exams are made easier with this technology.
- Canine Influenza Outbreak in the Midwest
- Many of our clients are asking about the recent outbreak of Canine Influenza that has been in the news a lot lately. First, it should be said that there have been no reported cases in Michigan. Canine Influenza is... Read more
- Avid Microchips
- Avid Microchips are available for small animals and horses. Horses going thru auctions are supposed to be scanned before they are sold. IF your horse is stolen, it can make recovery easier. Small animals found and going to the shelter are also scanned making it easier to be reunited with their owners when lost.
- Eastern Equine Encephalomyelitis
- There have been cases of Eastern Equine Encephalomyelitis (EEE), commonly called sleeping sickness in southern Michigan. If your horse has not been vaccinated in the past 6 months, please be advised a booster is recomended. EEE is a highly fatal mosquito spread neurological disease. Good insect repellants, sheets and fans can aid in protection. EEE is not contagious from horse to horse.
- Breaking Vaccine News: West Nile Virus
- Now we have a ten year pattern of disease and response to vaccine. The vaccine... Read more